What’s special about Red Caboose?
- Red Caboose is a nonprofit organization that has been providing Madison families with loving child care Since 1972.
- Generations of families in Madison have trusted us to care for and love their children — and we take that mission seriously.
- We’re the only child care center in Madison that factors family income into tuition costs — cost is calculated on a sliding scale.
- Nutritious meals and snacks are included, and we make it all in-house.
- We buck industry trends with low staff turnover. Our experienced teachers and staff dedicate themselves to Red Caboose children, some for as long as 40 years!
Come see for yourself. Schedule a tour, meet the teachers and families that make Red Caboose a special place for pre-school and school-aged children to learn, grow, and be loved.
Red Caboose fosters a sense of community among children, their families, and staff, with a commitment to diversity and inclusion. We provide excellent education, nutrition, and play-based learning for children in a nurturing, safe environment emphasizing healthy social-emotional development.
Red Caboose is the oldest independent child care center in Madison. Red Caboose was founded by a group of parents as a nonprofit child care center in 1972. In 1998 the University of Wisconsin Press published a book about Red Caboose, The Good-Bye Window. Since those early days, Red Caboose has expanded to meet the needs of families with school-age children through quality after school and summer camp programs.
Jason Anderson, Executive Director
Lisa Fiala, Project Administrator
Ashlee Causey, Preschool Program Director
Laura Rogers, School Age Program Director
Jen Roughen, Billing Coordinator
Beth Feeney, Enrollment Coordinator
Kaylidh Gunnon, Nutritional Coordinator
Leah Lange, Numbers 4 Nonprofits, Accountant
Chuck Michaels, Custodian
Aaron Stephenson, President
Colin Stroud, Vice President
Cindy Gillis, Treasurer
Andrea Suarez, Secretary
Jason Anderson, Non-Voting Member
Ashlee Causey, Non-Voting Member
Laura Rogers, Non-Voting Member